We’ve installed quite a few Living Willow Structures with schools over the last few years and they have been incredibly varied. From a simple dome, tunnel or arbour to the more imaginative structures. You can get some ideas of what to do for your school from the list below:
To get more out of the workshops schools have in the past asked children to write reports and letters regarding what they did during the workshop.
- A living willow whale and boy – to coincide with the children reading the book “The Boy and the Whale” The whale was made big enough to sit inside so the children could read inside
- A living willow sea-serpent
- A living willow sculpture, designed by the children – they carried out research, made designs and then consulted with the willow artist and chose which to make over 2 days. They then wrote reports and letters regarding their experience
- A living willow hungry caterpillar
- A living willow snail
- A living willow mouse
- A living willow crocodile
- A living willow Dinosaur
If you have your own idea please do contact us and we’ll let you know if it is feasible and provide you with a quote. As well as involving your children in the construction of your living willow structure, to get more out of the workshops schools have in the past asked children to write reports and letters regarding what they did during the workshop and tied it in with a school project to reinforce it.